In accordance with Florida law, the facility is required to let you know that you may or may not pay less for the services at another facility or in another health care setting.
Please know that your attending doctor who booked your procedure(s) at the facility may not be on the medical staff of such other facilities or health care settings.
Furthermore, your physician who booked your procedures to be done at this facility, and other health care providers not limited to but as example anesthesiologists, intraoperative monitoring services, and pathologists may provide services to you at the facility that are not a part of facility’s fees. If any of their services are provided to you while being a patient of this facility, the provider(s) will bill separately for their services rendered.
Patients and prospective patients may request from this facility and other health care providers a more personalized estimate of charges and other information including specific contact information prior to service. Please call : 561-743-7766 for detailed information and estimates.
Patients and prospective patients should contact each health care practitioner who will provide services in the facility or as an external service to determine the health insurers and health maintenance organizations (HMO) with which the health care practitioner participates as a network provider or preferred provider.
Please see the list of providers associated with our center. The patient and their provider(s) are responsible to elect and determine which services, diagnostics, and planned procedures will be authorized to perform based on their intended payment plan and policies. The facility’s billing office is always available as resources for the patient pre-procedure for assistance, charity care policy and collection procedure.
Contracted Service Providers
As of August 1, 2011 the following providers render services to patients of this surgery center:
Envision Physician Services
7700 West Sunrise Blvd. Plantation, FL 33322
Phone: (844) 607-5824
This facility submits specimens to:
Palm Beach Pathology
2013 PONCE DE LEON AVE, WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33407
Toll Free: 800-749-6595, Main: 561-659-0770
This facility does not do Laboratory testing.
Bassam Sayegh, MD FACS
224 Chimney Corner Ln, suite 1026
Payment Bundle Resources
Information on payments made to the facility for defined bundles of services and procedures is available at http://pricing.floridahealthfinder.gov. The service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services, and actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient.
The patient can request a personalized estimate from the center at any time before or after the procedure is performed. Patients should contact the health care practitioners anticipated to provide services to the patient while in the center regarding a personalized estimate, billing practices and participation with patient’s insurance provider or HMO as the practitioners may not participate with the same insurers or HMO as the center.
Patients may access the State of Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration website at this link for information about this facility: http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov.
Patient’s Rights & Responsibilities
Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
Florida Law establishes the following Patient Rights and Responsibilities:
A patient has the right to:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation of his or her dignity, and with protection of privacy.
- Receive a prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
- Know who is providing medical services and who is responsible for his or her care.
- Know what patient support services are available, including if an interpreter is available if the patient does not speak English.
- Know what rules and regulations apply to his or her conduct.
- Be given by the health care provider information such as diagnosis, planned course of treatment, alternatives, risks, and prognosis
- Refuse any treatment, except as otherwise provided by law.
- Be given full information and necessary counseling on the availability of known financial resources for care.
- Know whether the health care provider or facility accepts the Medicare assignment rate for patients covered by Medicare.
- Receive prior to treatment, a reasonable estimate of charges for medical care.
- Receive a copy of an itemized bill and have the charges explained.
- Receive medical treatment or accommodations, regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap, or source of payment.
- Receive treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.
- Know if medical treatment is for purposes of experimental research and has the right to give his or her consent or refusal to participate in such research.
- Express complaints regarding any violation of his or her rights.
A patient is responsible for:
- Giving the health care provider accurate information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and any other information about his or her health.
- Reporting unexpected changes in his or her condition to the health care provider.
- Reporting to the health care provider understanding of a planned course of action and their roll.
- Following the treatment plan recommended by the health care provider.
- Keeping appointments and, when unable to do so, notifying the health care provider or facility.
- Their actions if treatment is refused, or if the patient does not follow the health care provider’s instructions.
- Fulfilling financial responsibilities.
- Following health care facility conduct rules and regulations